Position Held: Team Member/Team Leader/Project Leader/Product Manager/Project Manager
The objectives of the project review are:-
- To learn from our experiences
- To repeat successes in future
- To handle less successful aspects differently in future
- To provide data which others may benefit from
- To identify various aspects of the methodology which we may wish to change in the future
Please complete the questionnaire and return it to your Project Manager. If a question is not appropriate to your role in the project, simply mark N/A.
There is a section at the end to add any new questions which you think are appropriate to your project and which should be considered for future amendments to the questionnaire.
- How could the product and project objectives have been better defined?
- What areas were not well defined?
- Were the roles of the Project Manager/Project Leaders/Product Managers/Team Leaders understood?
- What would you have liked the following to have spent more time on:-
- What changes would you recommend to the project organisation structure, and why?
- What (if any) were the major omissions or inaccuracies in your part of the Product Definition (PD)?
- What would you have liked to have seen in the PD which would have been beneficial to your responsibilities?
- How could the process for pulling the PD together have been improved?
- Was the method of planning adequate? How well was the plan monitored, maintained and communicated?
- Do you have any suggestions for improving the planning process?
Consider: Construction of the plan, communication, monitoring, maintenance.
- What were the factors which caused deviations from the plan? How could the original plan have been improved?
- How did the cost of the project (in your area) compare with what was planned? What were the costs which hadn't been anticipated?
- How good were the communications during the course of the project? Which areas worked well? Which area could have been improved upon?
Consider: Department, Project Team, Other.
- How useful were the meetings? What would you have liked them to have spent more/less time on?
Department Team Meetings:
Project Team Meetings:
Steering Team Meetings:
- How useful were the minutes you received? How do you feel they could have been improved? (If several i.e. Progress, Steering, please state which).
- How well did the decision making process work? How could it have been improved?
- What did you enjoy most on the project?
- What did you find the most frustrating?
- What did you perceive to be the most successful on the project?
- What did you perceive to be the least successful on the project?
- What are the things that we intended to do but didn't achieve?
- What changes would you recommend to the product development methodology, and why?
- What are the specific recommendations that you would like to make for future (similar) projects?
- With the benefit of hindsight, what would you have done differently?
- What could have been done to reduce the time to first shipments?
- What are the key areas which you think would benefit from reviewing further? (List up to 5 and indicate who you think should attend the review).
Your suggested questions/answers here